Decadent Jaffa Cake
The other day I wanted a rich tasty treat without having to feel guilty. Im a sucker for anything chocolate and I had a overabundance of organic oranges from the Market thus the Jaffa cake was born!
This is super easy to make and typically of most of my cakes you throw everything into the blender with little fuss. I even got to use the leftover frosting as a chocolate mousse its a toss up what was better!
This was so rich I froze some and it was just as delicious a few weeks later.
- 1 orange boiled till soft
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup granulated stevia
- 1 cup cocoa
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Put everything in the blender till smooth
- Place in a greased tin
- 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- cool in the tin before removing
- 250 grams cashews soaked till soft overnight, discard water (you can speed this up by pouring boiling water on nuts for 1/2 hour)
- 2 squeezed oranges
- 1 orange zest
- 2/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup rice malt
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia
Place everything into a high powered blender till creamy and smooth, then cover the cake completely.
Set in the fridge and then enjoy!!!