Fruit Hearts with Lime + Mint Cashew Cream
Its amazing what you can do with a cookie cutter and a pretty plate!
You will need:
- Mixed Berries of your choice
- Mint to fold through the cashew cream, and for decoration
- Cashew Cream (if you eat Dairy you can make this with a good quality thick Vanilla yoghurt instead)
- 1 cup organic raw cashews soaked in the fridge overnight
- 1/cup coconut cream
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup warm water
Place everything into a high powered blender till smooth, refrigerate for a few hours before use.
Now all you have to do is slice the watermelon into approx 1 to 1.5cm slices and cut out heart shapes, for effect I have graded some of my hearts from pale to pink around the rind area of the watermelon.
Place your fruits around the plate using the cashew cream as “glue” or filling between layers.
Serve and impress your Valentine!