Grain Free Sushi
If you’ve stopped eating grains, lunch can be a bit of a challenge, a sandwich or a wrap seems so easy.
I make these in the morning to take to work, they take no time at all and I make them with left over’s from the fridge.
I will point out that I always have sushi seaweed in the cupboard (it’s under $3 for 10 sheets (makes 2-3 sushi rolls per sheet) from our Asian Grocer. I also always have avocado and umeboshi plum paste, (you could use a squeeze of lemon or a scrape of Dijon mustard instead)
I made this sushi with:
- Leftover roast Organic Chicken
- Leftover Coconut oil roasted pumpkin
- Shredded red cabbage
- Grated carrot and zucchini
- Hemp seeds
- Umeboshi plum paste
- Pile all the ingredients up one end of the sushi sheet
- Roll tightly (I don’t use a mat)
- Lightly brush the end with water, so when you finish rolling it will stick.