Lemon + White Mulberry Paleo Granola
This breakfast dish is full of fibre, good fats and protein. A good start at breakfast is essential to balance our blood sugar throughout the day.
Think of it this way, all night while you are resting, your body is hard at work, detoxing, building, repairing. Thousands of biochemical processes are being done while you sleep! You need some good fuel to replenish your micro and macro stores and this is a delicious way to do it, enjoy!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (omit if doing a strict Paleo, you may use maple syrup or honey or even no sweetener)
- 2tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dried white mulberries
- 1.5 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1.5 cups flaked almonds
- 1 cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup flaked almonds keep separate and add through at the end
- Melt the coconut oil and rice malt over a low heat.
- Roughly crush the nuts and seeds in your blender.
- Add everything together in a big bowl, til the wet ingredients are well combined with the dry. Just mash it all up, it’s similar to kneading dough, messy and lots of fun!
- Once well combined lay it all out flat on a tray lined with baking paper. You want it no more than about 1.5cm thick.
- Bake for 1o minutes on a 180degree heat, take it out toss it around in the pan, and bake for another 10-15 minutes till golden brown.
- Let cool, store in an airtight container for up to a month if it lasts that long….