Lemon “Cheesecake” (Gluten free, Raw, Paleo, Dairy free & Guilt Free!)
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1.5 cups coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 pitted dates
Put everything in a blender blitz till evenly mixed. Press into a lined cake tin.
- 4 cups of cashews soaked overnight, then drained
- ¼ cup water
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 3-4 large lemons
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut nectar(or your chosen sweetener)
- To make the filling, place all the filling ingredients into a high-powered blender. I have a froothie (which could probably blend metal…but you should be able to get the same result in an ordinary blender)
- Blend until smooth and ultra creamy, stopping and starting the blender if necessary.
- Blend until smooth. Don't be concerned if the mixture gets warm, it needs to be blended for awhile.
- I like a very lemony cheesecake, so taste the mixture at this stage, you may need more coconut nectar. (this step is very important, you need the “cheesecake” sweet and lemon balance just right. Lemons are different shapes and strengths so you may need to adjust)
- Pour into the crust and spread evenly.
- Set in the fridge and top with your favourite fruit.