I get asked a lot about snacks. If you’re cutting out processed nasty foods what do you do when you’re snuggled up on the couch watching a movie?
Coconut is a rich source of Lauric Acid (anti-fungal, antimicrobial). It is also a great source of dietary fibre.
This is the closest thing I make to popcorn. It’s salty delicious and moreish, and like many of the things I like to make- easy!
- 1 packet of 250g organic flaked coconut (I like the large flakes)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp cayenne
- ½ to ¾ tsp Celtic sea salt
1. Heat a nonstick frying pan
2. Toast the coconut taking care not to burn, you want it a lovely golden colour
3. Take off the heat stir through all the seasonings (adjust accordingly for your taste buds)
4. Spread the coconut out on a plate to cool
5. When cold store in an airtight container, if there’s any left…..
6. I also like to garnish a lot of my dishes with toasted coconut, delicious sprinkled on salad as well.