Paleo Pumpkin and Ginger Cake (Gluten and sugar free)
I don’t add any sweetener to this cake. I rely on the sweetness of the pumpkin and cashew cream and freezer jam topping.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Line a loaf pan (approx 8.5 to 4.5)
- Put everything in a blender till combined
- Pour into the pan, bake 50-60 minutes, or until golden and a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean
- Cool before removing from the pan, coconut flour and almonds are gluten free so there is no elasticity to this cake, it will break easily till cool.
Use the raw berry tart filling recipe
- 1 cup of mixed frozen berries
- Few drops of Stevia to taste
- Gently simmer the berries till they have reduced to a jammy consistency
- Add Stevia to desired sweetness when cool
- There is no sugar preservative in this jam, so if you’re not using it all straight away, fridge or freeze it.