We all love a good burger, and making it delicious, tasty and good for you is devastatingly easy!
- Half a kilo Grass-fed or Organic Beef mince
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs (I use either dry herbs or a combo from my garden such as Rosemary/parsley/Mint)
- ½ Tsp of dry mustard powder or smoked Paprika (this will depend on what is in my cupboard)
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 entire iceberg lettuce cut into ¼’s
- Grated carrot
- Shredded red cabbage
- Sliced tomato
- Homemade mayonnaise
The trick to getting burgers to bind is to knead the meat for a few minutes that way you don’t need to add any fillers and they will not fall apart
- I always fry off a 20cent size piece of burger mix before I roll out the whole batch so I can adjust the seasoning if need be.
- Shape the burgers into 4 patties and pan-fry in coconut oil.
- Take the centre out of the iceberg ¼’s making sure you still have a sturdy multi layered corner (like a pitta pocket)
- Layer your burger, carrot, cabbage tomato and mayo
- Eat!!! It’s messy and incredibly delicious, hard to believe its healthy!