Raw Avocado Chocolate Mousse Tart
This delicious recipe sounds crazy but tastes fantastic!
I absolutely love this tart.
I love the way that it gleams in the light from the wonderful healthy fats in the avocado. I love the taste of the decadent rich velvety mousse. I love that I don’t have to feel guilty eating copious amounts of it!
I can’t begin to tell you how much fun I’ve had with this tart! No one and I do mean No one has guessed what is in it.
Give it a go, you’ll be amazed at how easy and delicious it is, Enjoy xx
- 2 cups of soaked raw almonds
- 1 cup fresh dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- Throw everything into a blender and pulse till it gets to a consistency that you could roll into a ball. If you need a splash of water, that’s fine, just don’t make it too runny. The soaked nuts should make it wet enough anyway.
- Press into a lined tart case.
- 6 small to medium avocados
- ¾ cup raw cacao
- 1 scraped vanilla bean
- ¾ cup rice malt syrup
- 3-4 tsp granulated Stevia (check the mix at the end, if you are a big sweet tooth you may want a little more stevia)
- Put the avocado flesh into a blender with all the other filling ingredients, puree till a even smooth and glossy consistency.
- Spread evenly over the base and put in the fridge for a few hours.
- I’ve served my tart with delicate broad bean flowers.