Raw Berry Tart with a Cashew and Lemon Pastry Cream
We love this Cashew cream; I pretty much always have some in the fridge. I will also make it with orange juice or orange zest for a change. It also works beautifully with Gluten free cakes as frosting.
We often just have a bowl of fruit with a scoop of cashew cream on top.
- 3 cups activated Organic almonds
- 6 pitted fresh dates
- 1 cup coconut oil
1. To make the tart case, melt the coconut oil, put everything in the blender and pulse till evenly combined
2. Press into a tart case
3. Refrigerate for a few hours till hard
- 1 cup organic raw cashews soaked in the fridge overnight
- 1/cup coconut cream
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 large lemon rind finely grated
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ cup warm water
1. To make the filling, place all the filling ingredients into a high-powered blender. I have a froothie (which could probably blend metal….But you should be able to get the same result in an ordinary blender)
2. Blend until smooth and ultra creamy, stopping and starting the blender if necessary.
3. Blend until smooth. Pour into the crust and spread evenly.
Top with whatever fruit you like, I used Organic strawberries/Blueberries and Mulberries.
*Be sure to keep this tart refrigerated until ready to serve