Simple Green Soup
How amazing is the colour green! It is by far my favourite, and I really enjoy the vibrant fresh green look and taste of this soup, it’s a great meal to have in the fridge/freezer for emergencies.
This soup is full of Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium, with the protein and collagen from the Chicken Bone broth, and as an added bonus not only is it incredibly healthy it tastes delicious!
- 3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 very large heads of broccoli with peeled stems
- 100grams of mixed seasonal greens e.g. baby Kale, Watercress, Spinach, and Endive
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs of your choice, I use a combination of Basil, Mint and Coriander
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Heat stock
2. Place all the broccoli in the stock, you really want to have the broccoli barely covered so it’s thick and creamy at the end.
3. When the broccoli is soft (when a knife will easily slide through it, after a few minutes) put all the herbs and greens into the pot and put a lid on top.
4. Cook with the lid for 1minute, you want to wilt the greens but still have them nice and green.
5. Place everything into a high powered blender and puree till super smooth.
6. Season to taste, I like to serve with a small squeeze of lemon in the soup.