Sinful Raw Chocolate Tart (Paleo and Vegan Friendly)
The beauty of this tart is it tastes bad for you but it’s full of antioxidants from the cacao nibs and raw cacao powder. Also full of healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil and chock full of fibre and potassium from the dates.
It’s pretty much health food!
- 1 cup organic activated almonds
- 1 cup organic hazelnuts
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 4 dates
- ½ cup coconut oil.
1. Blitz the cacao nuts and dates in a food processer
2. Melt the coconut oil and add to the nuts, combine well
3. Press into a lined 25cm tart tin
- 450g soaked de-pitted fresh dates
- 1 ½ cup raw cacao ( I like a VERY rich and bitter chocolate tart if you don’t adjust your cacao to taste)
- 1/2 cup coco nibs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup boiling water
1. Place everything into a blender
2. Puree till smooth it will be a thick mixture.
3. Spread over base and smooth top with a wet spatula.
4. Refrigerate till firm
5. You will be able to eat it in a few hours but best results will be over night
It is actually that easy, I don’t like too much fussing around when I cook!