Spiced Gingerbread Cookies
Spiced Ginger cookies are linked in my mind with Christmas and holidays, especially with my European background. These days I struggle to find a good Gluten free gingerbread and add in sugar restrictions- there’s not much around. Fortunately these only take around 20 minutes to whip up. And here is a hot tip….. They taste as good as a raw cookie so don’t feel that you need to cook them if you’re in a hurry!
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Malt Syrup
- ¼ tsp ground Vanilla Beans (you can use vanilla paste or essence)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5tsp ginger powder
- 2 fresh dates
- Whole walnuts to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into the blender with the exception of the walnuts.
- Blend till completely combined
- Turn out and roll into balls, flatten they should be a little bigger than a 50 cent piece, press a walnut on each cookie.
- Place on baking paper
- Bake 160 degrees for 15 minutes
- Cool before eating